Is crossplay between windows store and steam possible?

I bought DE yesterday through Microsoft store, but I can't seem to find any, and I mean ANY, online game activity. Is this because nobody plays DE through the windows store? And if so, shouldn't I still be able to play with people from the steam store? They did promise that cross-play would be possible.

Note that unlocking the game on Steam does not automatically unlock the game in the Windows Store, though both Steam and the Microsoft Store versions will be able to enjoy cross-network play as soon as you own either version of the game.

Or maybe I'm just doing something wrong? Honestly, I don't know why this shouldn't work, but right now I just feel like I wasted my money on a game where the main feature, at least in my opinion, isn't even available.

Edit: Nevermind, apparently there is a button hidden away in the options tab, that allows crossplay, and nobody plays without it enabled. If you like me spent an enormous amount of time checking literally every other place than the options menu, all you have to do is click one button, ONE FUCKING BUTTON.

Anyways, what you do is go to Options > Game and click the button that is blatantly labelled Enable Crossplay. Why this is not on by default puzzles me.

submitted by /u/Ekaap
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : aoe2 https://ift.tt/2TcRUXO
No comments

No comments :

Post a Comment