How to deal with Monks

So earlier this night I was playing as franks on goldpit, my enemy was persian and he seemed to know that I would go for knights. while our uptimes were similar he immediately rushed to the gold and TC droped there while spamming his own knights and monks (meanwhile I was playing it safe and building up a force, TC booming in my base).

I did not expect persian knights which is why I had no immediate answer to his units. quickly I realised that I could not push with my knights against his army (he converted many), nor did my pikes help as he ran away under the safety of his castle fire as soon as I approached him. Archers did not help either.

after 40 mins of back and forth, I tabbed out as soon as he started trebbing down my defensive castles.

After that match I googled that the scout line is resistant against conversions, are scouts the units I should use against monks? What else could I have tried? onegers? though I believe my micro is too bad yet for that.

Usually what I do in situations like this is build a back door base right above or beneath the enemy base, hold with an army in the middle while the 2nd army is being built. then I´d engage and while he's dealing with the middle army and sending his reinforcement there I´d break into his base and kill his eco. However, I felt that this player had to much pressure on me and my units could not hold against him anyway.

I appreciate any advice thank you.

submitted by /u/TheR3alRemus
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : aoe2 https://ift.tt/2TpPIfm
No comments

No comments :

Post a Comment