Aztec Fire Pit Management Questions

I've been really enjoying playing as Aztecs lately, and Fire Pit management seems like very nuanced and important aspect to playing them well. Specifically, I was looking for guidance on:
1. 3 WP vs 5V cards
Obviously both cards are oriented toward long-term play, and most build orders I have seen recommend sending one or the other after 700W. In a situation where it is not necessary to send military, what are the conditions that lead experienced Aztecs to send either vils or WP?
2. when to dance for more WP
Again obviously the option to dance for more WP supports a longer-term plan, but its very hard to tell when sacrificing the xp gain is worth it. I'm guessing this depends somewhat on how many dancers are currently active, as dancing for WP with only the starting WP is incredibly painful.
3. when to dance with vils, if at all.
No guide or strategy that I have read has had any concrete advise on whether or not dancing with vils is worth it at various stages in the game. Is there any kind of consensus or mathematical reasoning on this?

 

I have been going 3V -> 700W -> 3WP -> 5V ->600G (age up) in games where I want to be particularly greedy/late game focused, and while having 10WP dancing feels amazing, spending the time accumulating them rarely does. I have tried starting immediately when 3WP arrives, and I have tried waiting for 5V, tasking them to dance as well, and both feel like a major tempo sacrifice. However, it seems like delaying any further won't be worth it, as the game should be getting close to ending. Any guidance or discussion is much appreciated!

submitted by /u/Schmiiness
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : aoe3 http://ift.tt/2gOocEm
No comments

No comments :

Post a Comment