Native North American Civilization & History

yo

Surely I can't be the only one thinking about it, or seeing it coming, but we'll eventually see new civs added, whether it'd be soon or in a year.

I've been thinking of how much potential there is to exploit with Native American nations pre-1600, how rich their history is and how vastly different they were from Meso-American civilizations such as Aztecs. I know we're reaching AOE III territories when talking about the first nations, but they existed before Jacques Cartier in NA, and they have been for a very long time, occupying a vast territory for hundreds of years prior to European colonization in the 16th century.

My problem: their military history, prior to colons v. natives conflicts seems to be poorly documented (as far as my google skills go). I've studied a lot about First Nations (in school, college, etc.), but never was military a focus, or at least, prior to settlements, everything leaning mostly towards Euro-native relationships, alliances, trade, and well, what happened to most nations who refused to 100% cooperate then. My point being, US/CA native American history largely differs from Meso American history and, to me, has a lot to offer.

I'd love to read more on pre-XVI century warfare, military and wars throughout NA, whether they be between Hurons, Crees, Mohawks, Innus, Algonquin, mi'kmaqs, Innuits, or Iroquois people, because there is definitely a big piece of American history to be told from an angle that isn't 100% Euro-centric, just like it was done with Asian and African campaigns.

Now, I know the traditional Arbalest or Champion doesn't fit the timeline, or even the trebuchets, but accuracy doesn't really seem to be the point of focus of the game, but I'd still love to see a pack of 3 new NA civs being added, possibly adding a lot of variety and new elements to the game, with very interesting campaigns, shedding light on a side of history we tend to forget.

submitted by /u/RouxQuiDecalisse
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : aoe2 https://ift.tt/2z3dqGy
No comments

No comments :

Post a Comment