Help me understand why Italians are best on water

Watching ECL 1 v. 1 today and every Medi game turned into Italians mirror matchup. The pros know better than I do, but I have to admit I just don't get it. You build 4 fishing ships (seems like the standard) and you've saved 60 wood. Meanwhile if you're Portuguese you pay full price for fishing ships but save 15% gold on every warship, which you create much more of. Plus your ships have more HP so you win every fight assuming proper micro.

Italians dock technologies are cheaper you say? Water seems pretty well decided before Castle Age so I don't see how that's a big bonus. However I'll admit their faster up time to Feudal is really nice; is that the biggest reason they're chosen?

submitted by /u/KJ5551
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : aoe2 https://ift.tt/2SmH9j3
No comments

No comments :

Post a Comment