Last really good atmospheric game or a game that created a very memorable soundtrack or atmosphere.

So it has been pretty much two decades since the Age of Empires series was released and I still keep coming back to this beautiful game and its soundtrack.

Everything about it is just so memorable and nostalgic and other games in that era were also great but nothing is as soothing as AOE and I don't know why..

Maybe it was because it did teach me a bit of ancient history which was so interesting and mesmerising?

Maybe it was because the game play was super fun and just overall played a nice pace and made me feel like a conqueror?

But honestly I don't know and it feels like for the past 20 years I have been looking for my next Age of Empires and I have not found it.. I tried and Rise of Nations came close among with many other RTS games but nothing the atmopshere cannot be recreated even some games set in that time period or around that setting does not do it for me and I am trying to figure out why this one series this one game has such an effect on me or why.

I had a choice many years ago to stick to this one game for life and not venture out of it essentially dedicating 20 years to one game one series or go searching exploring for a better more refined game but 20 years later and I still have not found it so could this classic microsoft game be the one? or is there some spooky magic here at play?

What is even more curious is why no one has tried to even copy it.. nobody no one has tried to copy paste this game yet they have tried and successfully cloned many other genres, games even spin offs of games but not this one.. it is just perfect.. I don't know

Really confuses me how one game all these years still does not have a competitor 20 years on.. just listen to the soundtrack it is mesmerising.

Thoughts?

Is Age of Empires the final greatest game of its own kind in the genre, setting, gametype?

submitted by /u/alienccccombobreaker
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : truegaming https://ift.tt/2RnOxJD
No comments

No comments :

Post a Comment