Funniest win I ever experienced

Funniest win I ever experienced

Okay guys, so today I was playing my second ever Multiplayer match with another player (the only match I could get to play without being kicked out, seriously guys), and I somehow won against all odds:

So, the game started. I got Goths (cheap and quick to create infantry yay) and he got Byzantines. So I started like I normally do, make villagers, build houses, scout the enemy territory (and die), things like that. However he seemed to be doing one of those Fast Castle strategies, since he jumped right to Castle Age after going to Feudal, while I was still struggling in Dark Age.

Everything was going well and nice until he built a castle right on my base to harass my villagers and I chose to destroy a Mill and some farms, and build them on other place. HOWEVER, he still went on to build another castle to attack my town center. It was a long battle; I sent my men-at-arms to make him do something else and looks like he didn't have Murder Holes researched, but he just sent cataphracts to kill them. I then sent a wave of spearmen to lure the cataphracts, but I ended up learning the hard way that spearmen aren't gods and he decided to attack my Town Center with the cataphracts.

At that point I knew I was going to lose and was ready to leave. He said "gg" and I just did some stuff to keep myself doing something till he destroyed my little village, and then tried saying "resign" to resign, but since cheat codes weren't allowed, it ended up turning into a normal chat message. However, it seems my opponent thought I really resigned and said "gg" one more time and then...

...he left, and as a result I won!

Yes, I am from Brazil, as you can see by the game language (huehuehue)

Funniest thing is, if he left just a bit later, I would have resigned and lost, since I didn't knew there was an option to resign on the menu, and once I discovered it, I was going to click it, but this happened instead. Did any of you guys ever get a similar experience?

submitted by /u/ItCanBeDangerous
[link] [comments]


from newest submissions : aoe2 https://ift.tt/2RwAOQN
No comments

No comments :

Post a Comment