Advice Requested: Queue Units without toggling the screen

I've been a casual player of this game for years, off and on. Hotkeys are an after-thought for most every function, even if I haven't played in several months. However, I realize that I am at a road block with my current set-up and will need to re-tool things if I want to improve. Like a lot of non-serious players, I toggle through production buildings with an assigned key and use the mouse the click the unit. I can produce pretty quickly this way, but it takes me away from battles/current tasks. Later in the game, I will do the same thing but with control groups using MQ.

Currently, my production buildings are allocated so that a single key is a go-to command (I removed the ctrl key out of the equation):

A = Archery Range

B = Barracks

S = Stable

D = Dock

V = Castle

(etc.)

However, with the control key removed, I also run the risk of "going to" a different building instead of producing units; that's why I use the mouse. Does anyone have a similar set-up or have an idea of how to queue units within that set-up, so that production is done completely with the keyboard? For example, I've though about assigning all trash units as "T" (A + T = Skirm, B + T = Spear, S + T = Scout) and doing a similar thing with "G" for gold units. But that also means I would need new hotkeys for towers and mining camps.

Suggestions are really appreciated.

Edit: I just realized that this would still result in screen toggling. Do you guys just use hotkeys for all production buildings?

submitted by /u/dajodge
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : aoe2 https://ift.tt/2U7Sp3g
No comments

No comments :

Post a Comment