Need some help for AOE bachelor paty event

Hi!

The bachelor party starts off with a scavenge hunt kind of thing. The groom is cycling and meets up with the friends along the way with whom he will play a game in order to win the next clue and win back a normal piece of clothing.

Since we played AoE together I though it would be fun to play AoE! But time is limited, just 15 minutes. It is in the middle of a field so there is no internet (a pretty cool setting to play a game of AoE though).

My idea is that in my introduction I will say to him something along the lines of: "Well we explained to TheViper that you are getting married. And he said he would be up for a game. If you succeed in not getting defeated until the 20 minute mark you win the next clue.".

I thought of creating a whole custom scenario but I do not have the time for that. The objective (thus not the game itself) should be winnable (so he gets the next clue) within the allotted time frame. This is why I chose this set up.

I originally planned to use the barbarian AI. Perhaps add some taunts/conversation impersonating TheViper through the scenario editor. Since it has to be done offline however I am limited to HD which unlike Voobly can actually be played offline. On HD I only found 2 bots, the Resonance bot and the bruteforce. The bruteforce bot isn't good enough to offer the challenge. The Resonance bot talks a lot about it being the Resonance.

I hope you can help me with some advice/pointers: * Is it easy to alter the Resonance bot so that it doesn't chat as much (I have a background in programming but I couldn't find any tutorials on where to get started) or
* Is there an easy way to get the barbarian AI in HD or
* Is there an easy way to play Voobly offline?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/rotoryrawr
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : aoe2 https://ift.tt/2EyYbFF
No comments

No comments :

Post a Comment