Teutonic Knight switch

So today I played a game that would have made 2006 me very happy. I crunched a guy with Elite Teutonic knights.

Flank on a ranked Arena team game. Got hit by forward castle backed by CA, defended 3TC with castle and knights. Fast imp into treb+cavalier. Pushed them off, but ran into halbs from both the flank and goth pocket.

So countered with Elite Teutonic Knight spam + cavalier.

I then cackled with glee as everything melted and the flank resigned.

I don’t think this would have been possible last patch. The extra armour on the knights/cavalier felt like I had a bit more leeway against pike/halb. The TK was slow, but in tight areas I actually managed to trap some faster units. They felt a tad more useful with that speed buff. I also didn’t need a lot of lumberjacks, to sustain farms, so my faster imp could go up with like 30 farms, out of 54 vils. Didn’t need all that much wood outside trebs, and never felt lacking. Thanks farm bonus.

Even in other games, win or lose, Teutons felt a lot more viable. More importantly, the Knights->TK was felt glorious and totally viable, as long as you can force the fight.

submitted by /u/Angryhippo2910
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : aoe2 https://ift.tt/2KU8eaT
No comments

No comments :

Post a Comment