When to go siege as an archer civ?

It depends.

I find that I generally am able to finish games quite well as a cav civ but I struggle as an archer civ against anything that has decent siege (rams). From analyzing some of my games, I think my main issue is that I am too slow to go to siege myself.

I usually raid with some archers to do a little bit of damage in feudal and then outboom the opponent in early castle (either with +1 TC or eco upgrades) and get my archer numbers up. But I notice that better opponents just eventually get their walls up, outboom me and get to capped/siege rams+ skirms and then steamroll me. I guess I should get siege pressure earlier, but I am not sure when. I fear that if I do it too early, they can just get some knight numbers up and sweep everything. So when should I go siege and how do I make sure they don't get sniped? Include monks? I don't think my micro is good enough to handle them well, and they are expensive. So poor micro then immediately costs me 100 gold a piece.

Tldr: how do you finish a game as an archer civ? When do you go siege and make sure that an enemy cannot 1. use knights to clear everything 2. outboom you behind walls?

submitted by /u/MountainGoatAOE
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : aoe2 https://ift.tt/3DjCa97
No comments

No comments :

Post a Comment