AOE2 on My Surface Pro 3

(Making progress...still at it. Thanks for all the previous help. I know this is on steam, I hate steam, not buying it on steam!)

I have Aoe2 collectors edition CD. (Legit original CD) that I was able to install and get to run using an old external disc drive and the age2_x1.0c.exe patch.

Unfortunately, it is prompting me for the CD. This being a surface PC (and any modern pc) w/o a disc drive I don't want to hall around this external disc drive just to play. I have a vacation coming up and my goal is to layout in the sun, drink margaritas and play through some classic aoe2 campaigns.

Middle aged nerd vacation, I don't care.

Google searches seemed to lead me to CD cracks which if I'm not mistaken are for people who downloaded pirated versions of the game. Like I said, I have the legit CD set and it's installed. So where do I go from here?

submitted by /u/00010001010000
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : aoe2 http://bit.ly/2HK5gHf
No comments

No comments :

Post a Comment