BW/SC2 player with some Qs

I've played BW/SC2 since 1998, was D1/M3 in SC2. Played AoE sparringly growing up and just got AoE2 DE. I spent most of my AoE2 time as a kid creating historical battles in the map creator (eg. Battle of Agincourt) with hundreds of units that would crash my game. For DE, I've been playing against the AI to prepare myself for online play.

  • What is the main gamemode I should be focusing on? What is the competitive gamemode that is played in 1v1s? What about team games?

  • if my friends and I wanted to play some FFA or 4v4, what gamemodes would you recommend?

  • I've read that Civ choice doesn't matter, to be competitive you need to learn them all, that Civ choice is largely a play style choice, and that Civ choice is predicated more on map and opponent's civ choice. I've also read that certain unit types are stronger from civ to civ. Having said that, what 3-5 civs should I focus on first? Which Civs are considered OP?

  • Which maps should I be playing/learning?

  • What is some of the jargon I should learn? Is there a link to this info that someone could share? Eg. What's a "trash unit"? A unit from a previous age?

submitted by /u/Aureliusmind
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : aoe2 https://ift.tt/2QarqVj
No comments

No comments :

Post a Comment