Screen Resolution solved in Freak Occurence, then I wake up and it's back to normal. PLEASE HELP! I'm so desperate. I feel like it's easy if only I knew how.

I've played on HD for a year or more. Every day I would load Age2 my computer would be on 1920x1080 with 100% scaling via font et cetera.

I tried for a long time to improve my resolution because the screen is just so damn small, and I've seen others with bigger screens.

Yesterday, with two anomalies: 1) Streaming on Twitch, and 2) switching from my TV at 19201080 to my computer monitor at 19201080 a freak event happened.

I loaded HDAge2 off of Steam and everything loaded normally only I noticed my in-game cursor was about 2-3x larger than normal. I went into lobby, played a game with other people and when the game started I was blown away. My game-screen, while full-screen like always, allowed me to see something like 3-4x more tile space and overall a FAR MORE ENJOYABLE AND COMPETITIVE EXPERIENCE. I don't know how, I don't know why, but it happened.

At various points in the day I closed AoE and reloaded and it still retained the improved resolution-game-size-screen. I think I even shut down steam and it was the same deal. But when I shut off my computer and woke up next day everything went back to normal.

I've tried for years to improve the resolution. I failed always. I came to believe that the game/computer/monitor I run was operating at 'max capacity'. Now somehow there is proof my computer/aoe off steam can support smoothly a larger game-resolution and yet I have no idea how to recreate it.

I've spent all day so far working on it, I tried StepS mod, and though the mod works, it caps me at 1920*1080 and maintains the small screen size. I've tried tweaking with system fonts, menubars, headers, icons. I've tried working with the scaling. I've tried reupdating my graphics card drive. I tried the new method for 4K-mod in the workshop.

I've exhausted my limited skill-set and knowledge base. THERE MUST BE A WAY TO SOLVE THIS BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW AND IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE IF ANYONE KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED, WHAT'S WRONG, OR HOW TO FIX IT I AM DESPERATELY IN NEED.


My biggest lead is that damn in-game cursor was so freaking huge. Oh, and that my type font, when BEING TYPED was small. But once 'entered' in the chat in a lobby or game it would be normal size. I don't know what happened, in some way I feel like there was an inversion, with big mouse and small font and it allowed the game to be far greater resolution-size. I DON'T KNOW. But I want to recover it soooo bad, because it was so great to play on. I honestly don't even wanna play without such an experience, it was sooooo much more enjoyable.


My normal resolution, that is very undesirable, is illustrated in this video, around 2hrs: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/244252894

The godsend freak resolution, which occurred yesterday, the day after the previous video is illustrated here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/244871350

I was so stunned by the game-size I completely forgot how to play for the first minute.


As an end note I want to say that I've hunted diligently to solve the problem to no avail, at this point I feel my only hope practically is someone knows what happened or knows whats going on with the cursor or something to point me in the right direction.


TO whoever reads this, and helps, thank you so, so, so so so, so much.

submitted by /u/TheGuy--
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : aoe2 https://ift.tt/2E6tfcB
No comments

No comments :

Post a Comment