(Noob Question) How do I make an original copy of AoC work on Windows 10

Alright guys, I already got tons of hours on this game on HD version and an absurd time playing it on previous years, but I do really want to install the old versions, since some old custom campaigns and some other MP scenarios, etc appear to work fine only on the old version instead of the HD one... However, I had failed on my attempts to make it work. I have a Laptop for gaming right now, so I used an old pc with a CD driver in order to copy the contents from my original CD to an external that I have. Later it installed ok on W10, but the problem start when I want to play it. I also installed the new userpatch on http://userpatch.aiscripters.net/ in order to make AoC open (well, maybe it will mess with the old campaigns, but let's see) and even though I can enter the game fine, I can't access the single game due to requesting the CD in order play... (PRO TIP: if you don't have the CD working and want to play at least the campaigns, you can I R Winner William Wallace last scenario. The game will jump you to the AoK campaign selection after you watch the final cut-scene)

After a research, I guess I should somehow get the stuff that I copies on my external HD, transform it in a ISO and "mount it" to Drive with Alcohol 120 or some stuff like that, and then I will have the game recognizing a CD... But how do I make all the stuff that installs the game an image? And mounting it, Alcohol works as the best or there is another one better for it? Long time that I don't deal with stuff like that (literally almost ten years that I had these programs... And now I cannot deal with a basic problem).

My Age of Empires CD is one of the Gold Collection ones, with an AoE 1 and 2 with both expansions.

Any information or help would be very appreciated!

Post Scriptum: I should say that I'm NOT asking for a crack no cd or anything like that. I do not support it.

Oh, and on minimum game requirements for AoC, it doesn't say anything about having the necessity of a Cd Drive in order to run the game... Yeah, I know, kind of nonsense for me, but still an almost valid argument for me if I need to contact support, haha.

submitted by /u/Fresh_Prince_BR
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : aoe2 https://ift.tt/2K5Appr
No comments

No comments :

Post a Comment