Time of day affecting win rate?

Has anyone noticed a link between the time of day you play and your wins? I won a match as Khmer against Franks yesterday afternoon and the other guy was like, "Damn I usually win this time of day." I just sort of laughed it off and said gg, but I did go on to win most of the games I played over the next couple hours. Even the games I lost, it was fairly close. Now it's night where I am (US East Coast), and I just got smoked three times in a row, and now that I think about it, I do seem to lose more often at night.

I don't generally play when I'm tired, so maybe the players around my Elo (about 1000) who are more serious about improving, just tend to play when it's night for me? If players around the world ALL tend to do worse at night, then that would suggest that I'm wrong and my state of mind is affecting my play more than I realize. On the other hand, if a lot of people struggle more when it's night in the US but daytime in Australia, for example, then maybe better players DO tend to be online at that time. And is it the same at different skill levels? Are you a 1400 player who wrecks shop late at night? An 850 who only wins on Tuesdays? I wanna know your thoughts. For science.

submitted by /u/Outrageous_Detail135
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : aoe2 https://ift.tt/3jJZ4wv
No comments

No comments :

Post a Comment