Best Civs to Turtle Against

So I play AoE 2 probably a bit different than most. The game type I like to play is Regicide on Arena against 3 hard AI. I set the treaty time for 90 minutes and spend that time teching up and building a massive fortress in my starting base. We're talking double walls, castles and towers out my ears. I then start burrowing into the tree line behind my base to create a sort of epic tunnel system of castles, walls, towers, and a mini functioning economy and military. By the end of the treaty period I just try and last as long as possible as the hard AI inevitably batters down my defenses and kills my king. Typically my games last 4-5 hours. My current "record" is killing 5200 enemy units.

Unfortunately its not terribly fun when the AI just rolls in with Trebs and kills all my cool defensive structures without even suffering damage. Its still somewhat fun, but not nearly as much as when I get to kill wave after wave of enemy units. I was thinking there might be some AIs that were less likely to use Trebs (or bombardiers, as they too can out-range towers) and therefore fit my unique play style better. Does anyone have any suggestions?

submitted by /u/treg4917
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : aoe2 http://bit.ly/2LCxqCn
No comments

No comments :

Post a Comment