Noob question: what is the actual use of regular infantry?

I'm just starting to play the game seriously, but I struggle to find a use to the regular infantry unity (Militia and its evolution).

  • Early game rush usually have archers, since they can collectively can "one hit" other units, if you have enough of them. Also, they have advantage against Infantry.

  • Castle age then people go for horses, since they are fast, and good against archers.

  • If I want to go full defensive, I would focus or garrison archers, or spearman/pikeman to counter whatever the opponent might do.

  • Infantry is also weak against siege.

I know that they are the good "king of all trades" stuff, but I fail to see whenever I should focus on infantry.

submitted by /u/Mr_Ivysaur
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : aoe2 https://ift.tt/2Six9ca
No comments

No comments :

Post a Comment