Favourite non-diplo FFA build orders/strategies?

I find FFAs to be among the most time consuming and entertaining types of game (usually play 1700-1900HD), though due to time I rarely play more than one a week.

In my experience they tend to start out slow, since people tend to play defensively until they can identify the biggest threats unless they already know their opponents. The other night I played a couple and it gave me the presence of mind to actually plan on consolidating my eco instead of decentralising it, and building towards that from Feudal. Having all my farms in range of an elevated castle or tower pairing by early Imp gave me great peace of mind, and though I eventually lost to an ironically decentralised economy, it was due to my own failure to scout and eagerness to finish the game due to time constraints. My eco was golden and whilst being raided numerous times, I didn't lose any farms and only a few farmers.

With most civs I'll BS/Stable FC into 3 TC and then build some kts for cursory raiding on other people who're going FC and preferably far away. I try not to aggravate my neighbours unless they're already pressuring me. I avoid attacking people with low scores or those with low lategame potential - not sure how dependable a strat it is, but intimidating people into vasallage (soft borders premised on fear, don't usually actually say anything) works quite often.

What do you guys usually do on FFA? There are so many variables so it seems like unconventional build orders would be rife.

submitted by /u/MuDelta
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : aoe2 https://ift.tt/2pupQ2d
No comments

No comments :

Post a Comment