Hi! I'm a compsci student about to start my Bachelor's Thesis. I'd love to do some kind of AI development with ML in Age of Empires...

... I've been doing some research and have been looking at how the real AoE game works with AI. They use .per-files with if this, then that rules. This opened the opportunity of defining your own rules -- if a rule then works, keep it. If it does not, make it a bad rule. Go next iteration. The thing that's hindering me is actually giving and receiving data to the game itself. This is where openage comes in. It seems like this is the project I need to be working with to make something like this a reality.

Disclaimer, though, this will be the first time I work with ML and neural networks.

I saw on your roadmap that AI-scripting with ML was a potential goal. What is the current status? How difficult would it be with the current game implementation to get working?

Any information is greatly appreciated, thank you!!

submitted by /u/oloftw
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : openage https://ift.tt/2DhFDLC
No comments

No comments :

Post a Comment