AOE 3 "Stopped Working" error

Hello - I'm out of options and looking for some guidance on how to fix my problem with Age of Empires 3 - Expansion edition. I am running Windows 10 on a system that far exceeds the minimum requirements to run this game. I have the new AMD RX 5700 GPU and an AMD 3rd Gen 6-core processor at 4.0Ghz.

When trying to run the program, windows throws an error, "Age of Empires 3 stopped working".. there are no error codes, so I don't know how to troubleshoot the problem. I've tried researching similar issues online that worked for some, but no luck..

Here is what I've tried so far

- Reinstalled AOE - failed

- Enabled Net 3.5 - failed

- Installed DirectPlay - failed

- Installed current version of DirectX - failed

- Tried running in every compatible option - failed

- Tried rolling back graphics card driver to standard driver - failed

So... now what? This worked just fine before I upgraded my system's hardware. Game was working just fine on Windows 10, now with the fresh install of Windows 10 (and all updates installed), I can't get the program to open.

Help!

submitted by /u/dhuber24
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : aoe3 https://ift.tt/2YD3Stb
No comments

No comments :

Post a Comment