Hardest AI is fucked up beyond repair in this game, unfortunately.

DISCLAIMER: I messed up during posting this up, so the link to screenshot is in the comment.

I know there's been a lot of discussion here now and then regarding the hardest AI, though I've never seen anyone complaining about the situation such as the one depicted in above screenshots. Thing worth pointing out is that this is a post-FE tweaked AI which as I heard became much stronger than the original HD AI.

In short: Playing against hardest AI on the maps bigger than tiny is non-viable, because after reaching a certain point in the game the AI starts to literally flood the whole map with their units - zero strategy, zero tactics, just to swarm their enemies with as much units as possible with no regard to heavy losses whatsoever. This specific match was happening on LudiKRIS-sized map (my personal favorite since I don't mind playing several hours long matches with demanding AI). In the 2v2 match - me + AI (Portuguese and Persians) vs 2 AIs (Koreans and Spanish), we were utterly destroyed by them - and not like they were attacking in the same spot at the same time - these were completely separated assaults, but for a such scale that even taking example from them and spamming a lot of trash units didn't help at all. Initially we were holding pretty solid line in north choke point, but when I was attacked by Koreans, I had to withdraw my own units from the battlefield in order to repel the attack, causing my ally's defeat. My only conclusion from this "experience" is that even with ally(ies) after briefly 1 hour you reach the point where you are no longer able to beat even a single hardest AI - their economy is so complex and the constant unit flood pretty much crosses out any chance of successfull siege. The only viable solution for this is to play on tiny maps and use either scout/archer rush, but the second option is not really efficient since AI is mostly focusing on producing skirmishers and archers itself as well.

submitted by /u/ZeeGermans27
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : aoe2 https://ift.tt/2l4oOve
No comments

No comments :

Post a Comment