The time when Avengers Infinity War inspired me to win a game of Age Of Empires II

To set the context, I had a 4 player (Me Vs 3 AI) match going on around the time Infinity War had come out. I don't end up finishing my games in one sitting, so I always create a save.

One of the AIs had already been defeated. It was now me against Franks & Celts.

Now, I was well into castle age and had managed to fortify the surrounding region with walls and the AI couldn't really figure out where to attack from (Since there were no openings). And so, the Franks ignored me for a while and went on to defeat the Celts.

This gave me time to build and upgrade my troops. However, the Franks also used this time to swole up their army and make it probably ten-fold as compared to what I had. They launched an all out assault across several points around my fortifications and I didn't have as many troops to fight that battle on multiple fronts. They eventually managed to breach one of the walls and slaughtered my force.

Fast-forward to me watching Infinity War for a 2nd time at the cinema. It comes to the point where the outriders (Thanos' minion army) start circling around Wakanda because they've setup a forcefield around it. I feel like I've seen this somewhere before. Immediately after that, T'challa gives orders to allow a tiny opening in the forcefield in front of them. "Holy Shit!!", I yelled in the theatre.

Jump to next day, load up a previous save. Fortify my region, only this time, instead of a walled boundary, I've made a long straight path, walled on both sides, and at the outer end, a gate. The entire path is also in range of my galleys and fire ships. When the Franks come, I destroy the gate, thereby giving them clear invitation. It was a beautiful slaughter. The enemy troops were caught in a huge flame-trebuchet-arrow-shit storm whilst forced into the tiny pathway. When the AI stopped sending troops, I set out with my army, with one goal. Total destruction.

It was quite the victory. It may or may not have involved in me using black death. But, that turnaround whilst defending against the Franks was the best experience I had in Age Of Empires II

submitted by /u/Cry5233
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : gaming https://ift.tt/2UqWRLp
No comments

No comments :

Post a Comment