Wonder Challenge III: Saracens, No Relics, 41 Wonders in 3.33

Wonder Challenge III: Saracens, No Relics, 41 Wonders in 3.33

https://preview.redd.it/k5hcw221inu71.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=44157303ef4785925421610f26bd109fdad3c081

Ok, this time I changed stuff up a little, no more infinite resources (Relics, Feitorias etc) to get a more consistent result. Same start as usual, 1v1 Arabia with Enemy Units and Relics removed. exhaust all the resources, chop all the wood, then burn that wood in farms, sell the food for stone and build wonders. The Lack of Crop Rotation really showed in this one, which is why I got to burn through the wood in about half the time than before with Mayans (54 Wonders in 5.44 ingame time). The Saracen Market Bonus barely made up for it, since Mayans managed to produce a whopping 1.1Million more food than Saracens.

On the other hand, Mayans had an extra 40k relic gold, so i probably have to redo that experiment with the updated "rules".

I'd love to check out Burgundians and their Vineyard Tech in the future, since Food is almost useless for this challenge. Also interesting that they'd have to invest stone first to build a castle. However I'm too broke for DE right now :(

So for the future I'd probably like to try out Slavs, who might have an advantage due to their farming bonus and access to Crop Rotation. But feel free to suggest anything you'd like to see.

One thing that's been in the back of my mind was that I wanted to try this on a Dark Forest Map. Probably with Celts (even though they're lacking CropRot) and their faster Lumberjacks. I'd probably rename the challenge to "Isengard Challenge" for that one. Stay tuned :D

Post where I did the challenge with Mayans

Original post where I did this with Koreans and no optimization or strategy

submitted by /u/meloonicscorp
[link] [comments]


from newest submissions : aoe2 https://ift.tt/3aVN21m
No comments

No comments :

Post a Comment