AoE3DE - Game isn't saving settings

Hey there! I got Age of Empires 3 Definitive Edition on this sale, and while the game runs fine, I can't save my settings, hotkeys, decks, or home city level progress.

I run this game on Ubuntu using Steam Play, and when I use the latest version of Proton (Experimental), the settings and hotkeys are reset when I exit the game, any change to decks is reset when I exit the Home City screen, and after each game my Home City stays at level 1. I can downgrade to Proton 5.13-6 and fix this problem, but then I can't play in multiplayer anymore.

I found then a workaround, where I can just downgrade to Proton 5.13-6, change the deck or configurations, and go back to Proton Experimental to play multiplayer with the changes I made (the configurations are kept when changing from Proton 5.13-6 to Proton Experimental, but when I try to change them again in Proton Experimental, they are reverted back to the state they were when I last changed them in Proton 5-13.6).

I also found some similar problems on Windows:

If someone knows the cause and/or the solution for this problem, please tell me, I couldn't find any googling around.

Any help is appreciated, and thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/TheWizardsLastRhymes
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : aoe3 https://ift.tt/3Gfqmqc
No comments

No comments :

Post a Comment