Just one civ for one map!

Hi all! Let's play a game! Imagine that you're in a AoE2 Tournament for which you have paid a high entry. You must win a single game on each of the maps below (standard start) to win a big prize. Bo1. Which civ would you choose for each of these maps?

Arabia - Arena - Islands - Black Forest - Nomad - Four Lakes - African Clearing - Gold Rush - Hideout - Acropolis

Here's my low ELO bet:

Arabia: I value much versatility, so Chinese or Malians would be my picks. From them, I choose Malians, because I like the options you get with Farimba for raids, Champskarls for late game and Gbetos as anti-infantry. This pick could also surprise more standard picks.

Arena: My most liked strat includes castle drops + UU and BBCs, so here Spanish and Turks are my favorite. I'd probably try to use Jannisaries to end the game before gold runs out and I die miserably.

Islands: I like to play water maps from time to time, where Italians and Portuguese are considered top 2, with Vikings behind them. My controversial choice would be Byzantines though, but with an aggresive playstyle. A fast feudal with insane fire galleys following a landing with cheap skirms, spears, archers and a tower on enemy woodline could give me an advantage. Either the enemy loses the water and can't fish or my landing hurts his eco and I can expand on his island!

Black Forest: Britons. These guys fire arrows from base to base, and chokepoints become graveyards. Celts are another option but I'm dead clumsy when maneuvring with siege.

Nomad: Above the Persian and Malian eco advantage, I like the FC + Castle drop advantage, so I'd consider Koreans or Spanish. Koreans seem to be an "anti-Spanish/anti-Mongol" pick but I still stick to Spanish. Conquistadors shred in early Castle Age nearly everything.

Four Lakes: There are 4-5 popular picks among pros on this map that include Byz, Persians, Japs, Liths and Huns. Japanese are here my choice, because of their fishing ships. If you manage to control at least 2 of the lakes, your eco advantage can be high, and there are many useful units (full Archery, Barracks with faster attacking infantry, Bloodlines, Monks, Kataparuto) and buildings (Yasama towers for map control) for these guys.

African Clearing: I'd go for the meta Indians. Mongols could be another option, but if you happen not to find good hunt, you'll lose their main eco bonus.

Gold Rush: The temptation for Frank cheap castles is there, but the late discovery of Sicilians makes me go for them. The scout rush is more difficult to deal with even withouit an eco bonus to support it. Donjons are great for map control and Sicilian Castles go up like mushroom. You have a panic button in First Crusade. Hauberk Cavaliers are close to becoming my favorite unit in the game (jk, I'm an Eagle fan). Regarding Eagles, Incas must be mentioned here. If you give Incas unlimited gold, your chances to win the game become limited.

Hideout: In a map where boomy strats, slow pushes and strong siege work, Slavs and Teutons are good options. I go for Teutons because of BBCs and their capability to defend from an unexpected trush (from civs like Incas or Koreans). I also want to mention Malay here, because this map is good for their non-water bonuses (faster Age advancing for vill advantage and Elephant rush).

Acropolis: I need mobility, and, although Cumans are a synonym to speed (and the latest buff to them make them even more viable), I go for Berbers, whose cheap stable units cover lots of the necessities and Camel archers do the rest.

What do you think about the list? Which civs would you choose? Please let me know! Have a nice day!

submitted by /u/Azot-Spike
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : aoe2 https://ift.tt/3APMTaY
No comments

No comments :

Post a Comment