How do you defeat someone who parks the bus in Arena?

So I played a game today: higher score, more wood, more gold, similar food (I was making lots of Longbowmen, so), more relics, just generally more everything.

But the opponent just built 3 castles at his base and parked the bus with a 100+ army of huszars and mangonels all parked in his own base.

I made a combination of longbows, cavaliers, pikes, and trebuchets, and took out a gate, and took two castles, but for each attack I faced a barrage of huszars and later arbalests (he tried to outrange my longbows for some reason), and he'd come out with literally everyone, fight, make me regroup, and retreat back into his base, and do nothing till I built up forces again. But by that time, he'd have shored it up and I'd get to face another hundred huszars.

Eventually I just got bored of repeating the exact same thing again and again and resigned because I need to go to sleep.

How does one get past this in a civilisation without bombard cannons?

submitted by /u/vouwrfract
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : aoe2 https://ift.tt/2W2f7My
No comments

No comments :

Post a Comment