Possible fix for crashing when in loading screeen or when crashing to desktop during gameplay.

Hey everyone,

The problems:

A lot of you are probably facing the same issues I've been facing since the new DLC:

  • Launching the game makes your game freeze and stop working.

  • When you are in a lobby (skirmish or mp) and start the game (14) during loading, your screen freezes on the loading screen and then you crash to desktop.

  • Sometimes you survive the loading screen but then during gameplay seemingly randomly you click something and you just crash to desktop, usually between 5 and 15 minutes of gameplay.

I did not have these problems before the new DLC.

The solutions for me:

I tried a lot. A lot did not work. Some things that did seem to improve the quality and stop the crashing alltogether were these:

  • first problem: empty your %temp% folder. This solution helped loading the game up much faster and reduce the crashing to basically 99%. Other than that I have no other solutions

  • 2nd and 3rd problem are linked together.

My solution for the crashing:

I uninstalled aoe2 from steam. Right clicked aoe2 de in my steam library list. Went to 'options'. Then went to 'DLC'. It shows 'Lords of the West' as checked on.

Check it off

Then reinstall the game.

This really worked for me. I can still play Sicillians and Burgundians in multiplayer, but I can not play the Campaigns. I don't really care: I don't crash anymore which is great.

Hope this helps for some of you. Let me know if you find other solutions.

Also good to try:

Try at least updating Microsoft Visuals and your drivers to the latest version. These weren't completely helpful to me but maybe they can make a difference for you. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads-2647da03-1eea-4433-9aff-95f26a218cc0

I play on Windows 7.

submitted by /u/Tetraides
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : aoe2 https://ift.tt/3r2Ni4u
No comments

No comments :

Post a Comment