Should I tell my first opponents I’m a noob?

I’m thinking about playing my first ranked games this weekend. I’m a lousy player, but I’m thinking why not give it a try. As you’re aware, with the Elo system I’ll first have opponents who are much stronger than me. While I’m tumbling down the ladder.

Now I’m wondering if I should let them know at the start that I’m new. My thought process is that they can then decide whether they wanna attack me quickly, get the game over with, and queue up again for a more competitive matchup, or just play a relaxed game where they know they won’t lose.

The downside is that they might simply not believe me and think I’m lying to them to make them feel safe, or that in case of a freak accident that somehow lets me win a game I will look like an ass.

Am I overthinking this and should I simply play, or would it be nice to let them know?

submitted by /u/CynicOctopus
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : aoe2 https://ift.tt/3dbLG3l
No comments

No comments :

Post a Comment