I hosted a Hardest Ai vs Hardest Ai 1v1 Arabia tournament with all the different civs as the competitors. Here's the results:

Tourney is group stage + single elimination knockout stage style. Settings were: expansions, hardest ai, Arabia map, fast game speed, 200 pop, and everything else standard including victory condition. I debated on whether to have victory under "standard" or "conquest", but I decided that it'd be more interesting to see different strategies the Ai can go for, such as wonder or relic wins.

BEFORE you click the link to spoil the results, why not participate in a guessing game? Pick the top 5 civs you think would come out on top, and tally points based on the outcome. Reminder of all the civs: Aztecs, Berbers, Britons, Burmese, Byzantines, Celts, Chinese, Ethiopians, Franks, Goths, Huns, Incas, Indians, Italians, Japanese, Khmer, Koreans, Magyars, Malay, Malians, Mayans, Mongols, Persians, Portuguese, Saracens, Slavs, Spanish, Teutons, Turks, Vietnamese, Vikings.

Placement: Winner = 10 points, Knocked Out - Finals = 8 points, Knocked Out - Semifinals = 6 points, Knocked Out - Quarterfinals = 4 points, Knocked Out - Round of 16 = 3 points, Group Stage - 3rd place = 2 points, Group Stage - 4th place = 1 point.

http://ift.tt/2mFxIgt

To make constructing the tournament fair and random, I took the list of all the civs and used a list randomizer to sort them into groups. Since there are 31 civs, 1 group had to be a group of 3. So I used a random number generator from 1-8 (2 came up) to decide which group gets to be the group of 3.

Just wanted to share the results of my little experiment, you're welcome to leave any feedback. Thanks for viewing! :)

submitted by /u/NXeeon
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : aoe2 http://ift.tt/2mDPG2P
No comments

No comments :

Post a Comment