Somehow my brother and I thought up rules to play a turn based Age of Empires with Building Blocks, Yenga, Bingo and some board game in our childhood...

I just hope I post this in the right subreddit as I am struggling to find a category for this post. At least its somewhat gaming related.

Even after 12 years I can still not wrap my head around how we though all this up... a Child's imagination is endless I think ^ Our first contact with video games was AoE and we loved it but we had not open acess to our computer to play it ( we were 7 and 8 at that time )

But we knew the basics of the game, even though we sucked :P Our game was a turn based game with our room as the map. We used Building Blocks as Units and each different form was representing a different Unit. (Workers, Infantry, Knights, Archers, Cavalry and 1 King) The goal was it to kill all units.

Each player started with a set amount of workers, his king and the Town Center.

Buildings were made out of Yenga blocks (Wood) which were placed around the room and could be harvested by workers (same with gold and gems / green Bingo coins and gems from some board game ) harvesting wood or gold took a turn and bringing it back to base took another one. Military units could move a rough distance each turn or attack workers / buildigns. Gold was used to train units while gems were more worth than gold it was also a very limited rescource. You were able to build defenses and towers with wood and by that protecting a rescource if you had enough time to build the tower since wood needed to be transported from your base to the construction side.

Each unit had a somewhat set amount of health and attack. Being kids we just estimated the military forces against each other intead of doing math.

I have to say Kudos to my past me for comign up with something like that. I would never think of something nowadays.

submitted by /u/holyluigi
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : gaming http://ift.tt/2mSU3ay
No comments

No comments :

Post a Comment