Has this ever happened to you in AoE II?

Has this ever happened to you in AoE II?

Guys, has this ever happened to you? After all these years, I finally have the opportunity to ask a wider range of people about this.

When I was a kid and played a lot of AoEII (really a lot) and after finishing campaigns I loved playing with the AI especially on the Black Forest map. During literally several games, I've gotten into situations where the AI has battled each other, but in quite extraordinary way. I've never encountered them before or since. These were battles like the one on this screenshot (I recreated it in Definitive Edition for illustration purposes, of course).

My AI opponents would sometimes line up on the map with their various units (often with mangonels or scorpions) in narrow parts of the forest and, as if on command, start having little battles with each other. Imagine my surprise when I wanted to reach the opponent's base with my army and while pushing through the fog of war I encountered such situations.

Those were the days when I didn't have the Internet, I didn't play with people online, it was the behavior of computer opponents. I encountered such a situation only a few times, only on this map, and after those few times it never happened again. Neither in CD, HD, nor Definitive Edition of AoE II, and I've played hundreds of hours in each version. Has anyone of you encountered something like this? And although it's been a long time, I'm sure my memory isn't playing tricks on me. I remember like it was yesterday.

https://preview.redd.it/dy14v87m3hp61.jpg?width=2560&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=10ff363f882f2d1986acdf0a5ff91e8ffc3a74b7

submitted by /u/Czujny
[link] [comments]


from newest submissions : aoe2 https://ift.tt/3svRV8c
No comments

No comments :

Post a Comment