Crikey Cup - Weekly AoE2:DE cup for Aussies (and nearby timezones!)

I've wanted to host some kind of esports event for a long time, so I'm finally biting the bullet and doing it!

Introducing: The Crikey Cup!

I plan for this to be a a weekly community tournament, with a bit of prize money (currently AUD$50) up for grabs each week! I will stream every game live on my twitch channel!
Games to be organised on discord.
I plan for the first ever cup to be held on Friday 10th July at 6pm AEST.
Sign up here and be in discord then for your chance to play!

The Format:
Each week 4 challengers will square off in round one. In round two the winners of last weeks cup will be waiting for them! (For week one, two lucky sign-ups will have byes). The winner of the Grand Final will get $50, and the both the winner and runner up are guaranteed a spot in next weeks cup! The losers will go back to the start of the queue.

Maps:
Chosen by chat on the night (from the current 1v1 RM map pool)

Spectator Delay:
At the discretion of the players, but at least the default 2 minutes is recommended.

That's the basic plan, anyway. Please give me any questions or comments!

SIGN UP HERE TO GET IN THE QUEUE
THEN BE IN DISCORD ON FRIDAY NIGHT (starting July 10th) TO PLAY YOUR MATCHES

Why:
I was just getting interested in competitive AoE2 recently, but was dismayed to see lots of tournament content was not in a good timezone for me: either I was asleep or at work! I figured that if I had to host my own tournament to watch some action, then I would do it!

I chose this format because it seemed like a good balance between being 1) not too complicated, 2)not too expensive, and 3) not too time consuming. A full 8 player bracket would be too long, even in Bo1. Spreading the bracket out over multiple days would be too tiring (and community members might not always be available), and I wanted the prize money to be proportional to the work done by the participants (or vice versa).

Hopefully this should be a lot of fun!

Again, questions and comments are desired!

submitted by /u/DasGuntLord01
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : aoe2 https://ift.tt/2VpNFbO
No comments

No comments :

Post a Comment