Any technical tips to play on Voobly in college?

So as a pretext, a few minutes ago, I saw a post on Hera and his strategies on Voobly. I used to play a few years ago and was fairly obsessed with AoE2 strats, reaching 18xx on Voobly and looking forward to more. I am now nostalgic and considering returning back.

So the problem with playing on a college WiFi is that I get a fast-proxy due to asymetric NAT, presumably due to no port-forwarding. Since port forwarding is a considered a major security issue, I am not surprised it is disabled by default.

I am not sure if a mobile hotspot can port-forward. If it potentially can, I may look into that. Regardless, I saw a "fix" by a Voobly mod who showed how to use VPN to play on Voobly. Does playing on Voobly with VPN feel smooth or does it cause high latency? Are there any other solutions in my situation?

submitted by /u/Sufficient_Tradition
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : aoe2 https://ift.tt/2NBGRDi
No comments

No comments :

Post a Comment