Just encounter a "crash enemy game" cheater

TL;DR: played 2 3v3 games against a hacker. 2 of our players were crashed to desktop whenever we attacked him.


I'm not sure this cheat is already documented or not but I will post it here anyway so more people (and maybe our devs) could be aware of it.

I played a 3v3 ranked game some days ago and met with this cheater (let call him Noob, it's in his nickname). My friend flushed Noob and destroyed his TC then his game was promptly crashed to desktop (CTD) without any warning/error. At first we thought it was just a random bug with the game as it sometimes happened with us before. We decided to stay and played 2v3. I attacked Noob and lo and behold my game was CTD too.

Now you could say it was a big coincidence it happened to both of us, we were suspicious but thought so too. So we queued for another game and met with the same team again. This time I flushed Noob first, and after killing 2 villagers my game was CTD right away. At this point we could already confirm he used some kind of hack to do it, so just to be sure my friend tried to attack him again, and he was, well you guess it, CTD.

For more information, our 3rd player who didn't attack Noob was never CTD during these 2 games. All our games before and after these 2 games went fine without any problem. I have the replay and the guy account name if anyone wants to look further into it.

It was not a big deal for us because we played just for fun. I just want to put this here so more people could be aware of it and know that your game might crash due to some hack, not a bug.

submitted by /u/ldkv
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : aoe2 https://ift.tt/33vd3Qk
No comments

No comments :

Post a Comment