Ranked: Do I get put against players that are actually my rating?

Hello, I just recently started playing Ranked in DE (I'm rating 1001, I think), and I just get put against much better players than me, is it just that Age of Empires is now so advanced that even at rating 1000 can just outmatch me in every way? I managed to win one game out of three, my first one was the win, the second one I got tower rushed which I have no idea how to deal with, then I kept away from ranked for a while tried to train a bit, learnt how to do a knight rush and went to play today, I managed to get to castle quickly made some knights and rushed my opponent, managed to kill some of his stone vills and was like "huh, I could actually win this, but behold, my opponent had just built his forward castle near my base, tried to get it down with rams, but he destroyed them with vills, got my knights there, killed the vills, but hey, pikemen appeared and killed my remaining rams and my knights, I panicked and didn't know what to do against the pikemen, so I made archers, but I was playing Spanish and they don't have crossbowman, so I tried skirmishers, but those were dealing no damage to pikemen and then he started doing plumed archers from the castle and even my skirmishers were doing no damage to them and I couldn't get my second gold (fyi it was a Gold Rush), he denied it from one side with the castle, the second side with pikemen and at that point I just resigned.

I know this post is just about complaining and "crying", but well I just want to let it out somewhere, I get so demoralized everytime I play against players, because I felt like at rating 1000 I should be able to compete, but apparently not.. Can't I just start with rating 500 or something? :D

submitted by /u/ThereIsNoGodOnlyDoge
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : aoe2 https://ift.tt/2ygmSpK
No comments

No comments :

Post a Comment