Becoming better at AOE2: Focus Training?

Hello,

as a Low-Elo Player (~970) I'm always trying to improve my game. As a 35-year old, I also have to make time for playing AOE2 and can't just grind 8 hours a day and become better that way.

So a few months back I just focussed on my dark age and practiced some build orders and feel like I heavily improved in that area (still not perfect, as little mishaps can throw me off a little bit). Also, when I compare myself to my fellow teammates, I feel that I'm better at pumping vils while attacking at the same time in feudal age, as I tried to make it a habit to produce vils. (In Castle Age, I struggle a bit in that area, but I'm trying.).

There are still dozens of things I want to improve on, as the game gets much more complicated starting in castle age. Sometimes I feel that I want to do too many things at the same time and fail at things, I thought I had down.

I wonder what the most effective way would be to improve. I want to focus on single aspects of the game e.g.: (not getting housed, better scouting, booming economy, always produce and so on and so forth.) I want to try to practice in short sessions (I thought, I could maybe practice in my lunch break for 20-30 minutes or right after getting up).

Most guides say something like: "Play ranked and just set a goal (always produce) and just focus on that". Is this the only way? Or could I just open a game and practice always producing and keeping the economy going until that becomes a habit? I feel in "Ranked"-mode, I tend to be more focussed on the flow of the game itself than on certain areas of my game, because any attack could throw that off.

So what's your opinion? Can you only improve while playing the game as a whole, or can you eliminate certain things from the game and have a kind of "training mode". (Especially from Castle Age on, I think in the early game it is absolutely possible as the Build Order mods prove.

Many Thanks

submitted by /u/Outside_Place7002
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : aoe2 https://ift.tt/3yjfuDt
No comments

No comments :

Post a Comment