Help with Portuguese as pocket

I was playing a 4x4 today and I got Portuguese as pocket. My flank went Archers and I went Scout to Knights (3 stables).

The problem was: enemy pocket was Persians and went Camels. I tried deal with it with 3 stables non stop production + monks to convert and heal my Knights. The problema was... I couldn't deal with him. He went Imperial first but I got the numbers. I tried fight in a 2x1 Knights + 3 monks + hill in my favor against Heavy Camels and even with that huge number I lost the fight and after that was a streamroller.

Some points: He went Imperial first because I tried to deal his Camels with more number (3 stables against probably 2 stables), and during Castle Age I really won but I had to help my flank against his flank. I tought monks would make a huge difference but Heavy camels were too strong.

So... what could I do in that game with Portuguese? I had to go Knights because I was pocket... should I make pikes to help? Shouldn't I went 3 stables (because of the economy)?

In the end I think my mistake was tried to fight against his Camels even with a number of 2x1. But What could I do with Portuguese? They stuck with Cavaliers and with pocket I really didn't know what to do.

submitted by /u/Tambataja
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : aoe2 https://ift.tt/3r9T3wR
No comments

No comments :

Post a Comment