Worse performance in AOE2 with newer GPU

Hey guys,

I've been running with an R9 270x for a while now and had decent performance running low/medium graphics between 1080p and 3k (1620P).

After much waiting I finally was able to find a new GFX card specifically the RX6600XT Sapphire Pulse, however ever since installing it my FPS has been terrible. I confirmed its not the card itself, but I am getting lower FPS and more stability with the new card than the 8 year old GPU I have been running, even at the same resolution and GFX settings.

Has anyone seen this, or experienced something similar? I am looking for a new GFX card, but unfortunately it seems the RX6600 is not going to fit the bill, I have tried plenty of drivers etc, but no luck so far

The rest of the specs should be more than enough, oddly enough none of my components show anywhere near max utilization, I have a 3600 CPU, 16GB memory and an m.2 SSD all working decent with the R9 270X but not with the RX6600

Any tips would be appreciated!

submitted by /u/spiegeljb
[link] [comments]

from newest submissions : aoe2 https://ift.tt/2WmPOIW
No comments

No comments :

Post a Comment